Breens has retained the Investors in People Gold accreditation for another three years following their assessment in April 2015.
The Investors in People assessors spent two days talking to staff and reviewing all aspects of the business and the way it is managed. They found many areas of best practice in particular:
- Strong Leadership – the partners and managers lead by example, working with their teams to maintain consistent service levels.
- Learning and development – staff are constantly learning through coaching and courses.
- Communication – there are regular staff meetings and the firm adopts an open door policy.
- Staff Involvement – staff are encouraged to bring their views and ideas for the firm to the attention of the management.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – that there was a strong sense of the community with many members of staff being heavily involved in volunteer and charitable work.
- Our People – the staff feel valued, trusted and appreciated. Everyone is treated as an individual.
They found that the firm was committed to business improvement through its people and that a culture had developed at the firm where the staff took great pride in delivering high quality work and ensuring the best possible client care.
Managing partner, Stephen Breen, comments: “We have used the Investors in People Gold standard as a benchmark of where we want to be in terms of staff development. It is a vital business improvement tool that can both improve staff morale and increase overall efficiency. With holding the Law Society’s standard for excellence, Lexcel, and the Investors in People Gold Standard we hope to demonstrate to our clients and potential clients the importance we place on achieving high standards in everything we do.”
The firm also holds the Lexcel accreditation which recognises high standards in practise and procedure.