Debt Collection work is carried out by Stephen Breen.
The information detailed below will give you an idea as to the cost of selling your property and the timescales involved however for a detailed, accurate quote based on your specific needs, contact Debbie Ridehalgh on 01704 532 890 or 0151 928 6544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Debbie will take full details and provide you with a written quote sent direct to your email within a matter of minutes. Alternatively, you can complete this form and email it to email@example.com
We offer a range of fixed fees for a business to business debt that is undisputed.
Our initial letter before action costs £75 plus £15 VAT but if this does not recover the debt our costs for taking court action are set out below.
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one-off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
|Debt value||Court fee||Our fee (ex VAT)||Total|
|Exceeds £25 but does not exceed £300||£35||£60||£107|
|Exceeds £301 but does not exceed £500||£50||£75||£140|
|Exceeds £501 but does not exceed £1,000||£70||£100||£190|
|Exceeds £1001 but does not exceed £1500||£80||£100||£190|
|Exceeds 1501 but does not exceed £3000||£115||£130||£271|
|Exceeds 3001 but does not exceed £5000||£205||£130||£361|
|Exceeds £5,001 – £10,000||£455||£200||£695|
|Exceeds £10,001 – £50,000||5% value of the claim||£750||Dependant on debt amount|
|Exceeds £50,000||5% value of the claim||1.5% value of the claim||Dependant on debt amount|
All fees exclude VAT at 20%
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Issuing a claim
- Where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 7 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take 4-8 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on which court the claim is issued out of. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
For a quote tailored to your specific circumstances, call Debbie now on
Southport 01704 532 890
Liverpool 0151 928 6544
or make a free enquiry using the box below.