Breens’ conveyancing department comprises of two teams: Stephen Breen (Solicitor and Managing Director) and Natalie Simmons (Licensed Conveyancer). Stephen Breen is the head of the department.
The information detailed below will give you an idea as to the cost of selling your property and the timescales involved however for a detailed, accurate quote based on your specific needs, contact Debbie Ridehalgh on 01704 532 890 or 0151 928 6544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Debbie will take full details and provide you with a written quote sent direct to your email within a matter of minutes.
Our range of costs:
We charge a fixed fee for our residential conveyancing service.
For re-mortgaging your property our range of costs is from £450 to £525.
There is an additional £175 for leasehold properties.
All costs exclude VAT at 20%
What factors determine the price within the range?
- Whether the property is freehold or leasehold
- The number of mortgages on the property
- The requirements of the new lender
- Planning enquiries need to be made
- Title defects
- Where the property is held on a shared ownership basis.
- Where the property has a help to buy loan.
Our fee assumes that:
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply.
- HM Land Registry fee is scale 2 and varies according to the value of the property see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees.
- Office copy entries (if the property is registered) price depends on numbers of documents required approx. £3 each.
- Search fees (again these vary dependant on each Local Authority but a search pack that includes a Local Search, Drainage search, Environmental and chancel searches can range from £210 to £380 plus VAT at the standard rate
- Electronic money transfer fee: £15 plus VAT
- Bankruptcy fee £2 per person
- Flood and Coal searches may also be required these range from £30 to £50
In Leasehold cases there can be the following additional disbursements*
- Notice of Charge fee (if the property is to be mortgaged) – This fee is set out in the lease. The fee can vary from £25 to £200.
*These fees vary from property to property and can on occasion be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
For a quote tailored to your specific circumstances, call Debbie now on
Southport 01704 532 890
Liverpool 0151 928 6544
or make a free enquiry using the box below.