Probate work is carried out by Faye Lowery.
The information detailed below will give you an idea as to the cost of administering an estate and the timescales involved however we would need further information before we can give an accurate quote. To book an appointment with Faye , contact Debbie Ridehalgh on 01704 532 890 or 0151 928 6544 or email email@example.com.
Debbie will take further details and arrange an appointment with Faye where you can discuss your requirements and receive a written quote in the post.
For applying for the Grant of Probate, collecting and distributing the assets of an estate, our costs currently range from £450 to £16,000 plus VAT.
What factors determine the costs within the range?
- The value of an estate
- The number of beneficiaries
- The number or organisations that need to be contacted.
- Whether the estate involves a trust.
- The number of properties held by the deceased.
- Whether the estate is taxable. For more information on this click here
- Whether the deceased died intestate.
- Whether the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds).
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter . For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
By way of example
Our costs for administering an estate where:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 3 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are 1-3 beneficiaries
- There are no stocks and shares.
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
Would be as follows:
We would anticipate that the work would take between 10 and 15 hours to complete at an hourly rate of between £164-192 per hour giving a total cost figure estimated at £2995 plus VAT.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Disbursements not included in this fee:
- Probate application fee of £155
- £7 Swearing of the oath (per executor)
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- £69.50 plus Vat Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- Between £80.34 -£174 plus Vat Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Potential additional costs
- If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost £.50 (1 per asset usually).
- Dealing with the conveyancing aspects of a sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
How long does Probate take?
On average, estates that fall within this example are dealt with within 4-6 months. Typically, obtaining the Grant of Probate takes 8-12 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 3-6 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 2-3 weeks.
For a quote tailored to your specific circumstances, call Debbie now on
Southport 01704 532 890
Liverpool 0151 928 6544
or make a free enquiry using the box below.