Why choose a law firm which has been accredited to the Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme?
WIQS accredited firms follow best practice procedures to meet the highest standards of technical expertise and client service in providing wills and probate advice to consumers.
We can help you to:
1. Understand the options and get advice that meets your needs
- We will not make any misleading claims about the advantages of making a will, or pressure you into buying more complex advice that is not in your best interests.
- We will help you understand the issues involved in buying wills and probate advice to make a more informed choice from the outset.
- We will explain the process, the options, costs and likely timescales.
2. Receive a quality service and be kept up-to-date
- We will provide you with the name(s) of the person(s) responsible for your matter.
- We will agree how you want us to contact you and how often.
- We will communicate with you in plain English, explaining any legal terminology.
- We will reply to your questions within 48 hours or provide a timeframe for more complex issues.
- We will tell you when unforeseen issues affect the original cost estimate and timeframe and explain the impact.
- We will treat you with dignity and respect at all times.
3. Trust practices with WIQS
- WIQS is only open to law firms or other organisations that are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
- The Senior Responsible Officer or Head of Department must have at least three years’ experience of will drafting and estate administration.
- Accredited solicitors and other staff complete mandatory training on the WIQS standard and show compliance through annual re-accreditation and ongoing enforcement checks by the Law Society.
To give you further confidence and protect you against fraud, the Law Society’s accreditation process included checking the identity of our practice and all individuals delivering wills and probate advice, regulatory and insurance checks and proof of financial and risk management procedures.