Breens’ conveyancing department comprises of two teams: Head of department, Coral Armitstead who works with two assistants, Natalie Simmons (Trainee Conveyancer) and Martha Prior; and Rebecca Ridley who works with Fola Martins.
The information detailed below will give you an idea as to the cost of selling your property and the timescales involved however for a detailed, accurate quote based on your specific needs, contact Debbie Ridehalgh on 01704 532 890 or 0151 928 6544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Debbie will take full details and provide you with a written quote sent direct to your email within a matter of minutes.
Our range of costs:
We charge a fixed fee for our residential conveyancing service.
The cost of the service is determined by the value of the property you are selling.
Range of Costs
All fees exclude VAT at 20%
What factors determine the price within the range?
- Whether the property is freehold or leasehold
- Whether it is a flat sale
- Sale by auction
- The sale price of the property.
- The number of mortgages on the property
What is included in our fees?
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice
- Obtaining your deeds and if registered office copy entries of your title
- Preparing a contract
- Sending out protocol enquiry forms for you to complete
- Answering enquiries raised by the purchaser’s solicitors
- Exchanging Contracts
- Obtaining a mortgage redemption statement (if applicable)
- Reply to requisitions raised by the purchaser’s solicitors.
- Completing the sale
- Discharging the mortgage and pay the estate agent’s fee (if applicable)
If leasehold the following additional work may be required:
- Writing to the freeholder to obtain ground rent information
- Obtaining a licence to assign
- (If a sale of a flat) obtaining management pack from the management company.
- Preparing a deed of covenant
*Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
We charge an additional fee of £125 + VAT for leasehold properties.
Please note we do not make an additional charge for acting for your lender in discharging your mortgage as some firms do.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to a third party, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Disbursements associated with the sale of a property are:
- Office copy entries (if the property is registered) price depends on number of documents required approx. £3 each.
- Bankruptcy search £2 per person
- Bank Transfer fee £15 plus VAT for each bank transfer.
If leasehold the following additional disbursements may apply:
- Management pack fee (these can vary but on average are around £450)
- Freeholder information pack (these can vary but on average are around £250)
- Covenant fee approx. £100
The fees quoted are based on the following assumptions, that:
- This is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- (If leasehold) this is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
How long does the conveyancing process take for the sale of a property?
PLEASE NOTE THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC HAS CAUSED DELAYS ACROSS THE INDUSTRY-WIDE AND CONVEYANCING MATTERS CAN TAKE UP TO FIVE MONTHS TO COMPLETE.
How long it will take from you accepting the purchaser’s offer will depend on a number of factors. The average sale with no related purchase takes between six and 10 weeks. It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain.
For a quote tailored to your specific circumstances, call Debbie now on
Southport 01704 532 890
Liverpool 0151 928 6544
or make a free enquiry using the box below.